September 10, 2016
It is very important to have a healthy breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day to be eaten. A delicious and nutritious breakfast meal has to be prepared at all times to have a great start of your working day. This article will share you a recipe with healthy ingredients and absolutely taste good. This recipe is also available in some best restaurants in Amelia Island, Florida.
The following are the nutrients you can get from this recipe according to its main ingredients namely bacon, potato and cheese.
- A sliced of cooked pork bacon gives 3 grams of protein and grilled Canadian bacon has 2 grams of protein. An ounce slice of cooked turkey bacon has 4.74 grams of protein.
- A medium potato has 164 calories, 0.2 grams of fat, 37 grams of carbohydrate, 4.7 grams of fiber and 4.3 grams of protein. The same serving also meets 2% of daily calcium needs, 51% vitamin C, 9% iron, 30% vitamin B-6, 12% magnesium and 25% of potassium needs. Potatoes are fat free, but they are also starchy carbohydrates with little protein.
- An 1-ounce serving of cheese can pack up to a third of your daily calcium, plus protein and vitamin D.
With the above nutrients that you can get from this recipe, it is good that you may try preparing it at home if you have time or during your day-off, if not then this is available to some best restaurants in Amelia Island, Florida.
Bacon and Potato Strata Recipe
¾ pound small red potatoes sliced
12 slices of Bacon then cut into 1-inch pieces
8 cups of French bread cubes (1/2 inch)
1 cup small broccoli florets
1 ½ cups shredded triple cheddar cheese divided
1 tub (8 oz.) chive and onion cream cheese spread
1/4 tablespoon black pepper
2 ½ cups milk
- Cook potatoes and bacon together on medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally. Drain after they are cooked.
- Combine potato mixture, bread, broccoli and 1 cup shredded cheese; spoon into 13 x 9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Whisk cream cheese spread, eggs and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Then add milk and mix well.
- Add the bread mixture then cover with foil. Refrigerate it in 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the strata, cover it, in 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle it with the remaining shredded cheese; bake it uncovered in 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Note: Strata can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking it.